I love decorating for the Holidays. I play Christmas music, pull out all of our Holiday decor and enjoy slowing going through each item and deciding where I want it to go. As my daughter has grown (she is now 4.5!) she has been an incredible helper and I absolutely love the core memories we are creating and the quality time we have together as we decorate. Each year I like to add one new thing to our decorations and this year I made this Orange Peel Star Garland! We eat a lot of oranges and typically compost the peels. Yet, orange peels can also be used for decor! This Orange Peel Star Garland adds a fun and festive look to a Holiday mantel, along a banister or to decorate a Christmas tree!
See below to view or print the how to! If you make this garland, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Orange Peel Star GarlandPrint Recipe
- 2-3 small star shaped cookie cutters
- 1 rubber or wood mallet
- 1 small nail
- 1 cooking twine
- 5 large Limoneira mandarin oranges
- Carefully peel orange into large sections. Remove top and then score the peel into 4, remove sections without breaking them.
- Use cookie cutters and mallet to cut out star shapes.
- Use the nail to poke a hole in the stars and hang on cooking twine. You can hang each star with one hole or two. Both work, but if you want the stars to lay flat, two holes works better.
- String stars, and hang your holiday mantle!
Find More Holiday DIY Here!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!