LACTATION COOKIES & TEA + GIVEAWAY!
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. I love tea and make a cup every single day. I also love cookies, is there anything better than a fresh warm cookie (or 3!) from the oven? Even before my husband and I found out we were pregnant I was aware and fond of a company called Munchkin. I have seen so many mommas rave about and use their products. That being said, I am so thrilled to partner with Munchkin on today’s post blog and for a giveaway to help celebrate the expecting mommas in the HGG Community!
As an expecting Mama myself, I am so excited about Munchkin’s Milkmakers Lactation Cookies, Baking Mixes & Tea.
Milkmakers Lactation Teas are made with quality, natural, USDA Organic ingredients, are naturally caffeine-free and really tasty! Munchkin suggests drinking 1 – 2 cups per day to help increase milk supply.
If you’re a Mom looking to learn how to increase your milk supply, Milkmakers offers a delicious solution. Made with traditional ingredients that naturally help boost breast milk supply, Milkmakers pre-made cookies and cookie mixes are a nutritious option for nursing moms. Key ingredients include brewer’s yeast, oats, and flax seed. These cookies (chocolate chip, and salted chocolate caramel flavors) are even safe while pregnant which means if you’re a planner like me – you can try them even before you little one arrives and then stock up so you’re ready to go! To note, the Oatmeal Raisin cookies contain Fenugreek.
Milkmakers ready to eat cookies are perfect for busy days or on the go. The baking mixes, available both traditional and gluten-free, are great if you prefer that homemade warm cookie from the oven experience! The cookies are also dairy-free, soy-free and contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. One to two cookers are recommended per day to help breastfeeding moms reap the full benefits Milkmakers cookies.
I first tried the gluten-free Chocolate Chip cookies first using the “It’s A Mix!” baking mixes. I followed the cookie making instructions on the back of the package to experience what they taste like all on their own. The results are that they are delicious and I will have no problem eating 1 – 2 of these cookies a day! Even my husband tried them and loved them! They also have a booklet that includes a variety of fun recipe ideas which inspired me to add some extra fun ingredients to my next batch of cookies. I added my go-to Chai Spice blend which gave these cookies a tasty spicy kick! You could also add cacao powder, nut butter, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nuts, dried fruit… the options are endless!
CHAI SPICE CHOCOLATE CHIP LACTATION COOKIESPrint Recipe
- 1 package Milkmakers cookie mix
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs to make the recipe vegan
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 tablespoons coconut butter
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Chai Spice blend
Chai Spice Blend Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon cardamon
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add coconut butter to mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium speed or with a spoon
- Add eggs (or flax eggs) and water into bowl. Mix with electric mixture until ingredients are completely blended
- Add Milkmakers cookie mix into bowl as well chai spice blend (optional) and mix until ingredients are completely blended. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula halfway through to ensure all ingredients are incorporated
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets and space 2-inches apart. Cookies will spread while baking
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and remove when golden in color
- Use spatula to remove cookies from baking sheet will still warm
- Allow cookies to cool before serving
Munchkin has generously offered to giveaway a sampling of their Milkmakers Lactation Cookies, baking mixes and teas to one of our amazing HGG Mamas! The giveaway is hosted on our Healthy Grocery Girl Instagram. You can enter the giveaway HERE! This giveaway will run until December 7th! We’ll announce the winner in the comments under the Instagram post.
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Munchkin. All opinions stated are my own. Healthy Grocery Girl only shares about brands and products that Megan & The HGG Team have tried, genuinely love and believe the HGG Community would benefit knowing about.