BLOOD ORANGE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Hey Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we are sharing with you how to make a Blood Orange Upside Down Cake that is beautiful and delicious! This recipe is super easy and the perfect dessert to “wow” all your family and friends!
Blood Orange Upside Down CakePrint Recipe
- 3 Limoneira blood oranges
- 1 Limoneira lemon 3 tablespoons juiced
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs or vegan egg substitute
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peal and slice all 3 blood oranges.
- Using a springform pan, layer blood oranges in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Using a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter on top of blood oranges and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Once cake has cooled, remove siding and flip cake over. Remove the bottom piece and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!