HOMEMADE VEGGIE NOODLE TAKE-OUT
Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl!
Okay so Aaron and I can’t agree on a name for this dish… so what would you call it? Homemade Veggie Noodle Takeout is what we’re calling it for now unless you can help us think of something better ha!
Aaron is back in the kitchen sharing how to make this amazing recipe that is perfect if you’re feeling like saying in + enjoying some healthy takeout! Also make sure to give Aaron lots of kind support in the video comments! Being on camera is not easy but he is an awesome cook & I think he does such as great job explaining how to create recipes!
Homemade Veggie Noodle Take-OutPrint Recipe
- 8 ounces rice noodles I prefer wide ones
- 3 baby bok choy
- 4 large carrots
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 100% real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or cooking oil of choice
- Begin by soaking the rice noodles in a bowl; cover with hot/boiling water, this will soften them.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a baking dish with sides, place in a 350 degree Fahrenheit (preheated) oven for about 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, the sea salt and paprika to the pan and shake to coat the chickpeas. Place back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prep the veggies; peel and slice the carrots into rounds 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick and slice the bok choy keeping the harder parts from the base separate from the leafy parts. Give all of the sliced bok choy a very good rinse.
- Warm 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large deep sauté pan over medium heat; add the sliced onion, carrots and sliced bok choy base, keeping the leafy parts to add in later. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce; add liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup and Thai red chili paste to a small dish and whisk together. When the noodles are soft, drain the excess water and pour the sauce over the noodles, stir together.
- Once the veggies are almost done, stir in the leafy parts of the bok choy and a little salt and pepper.
- Finally add the noodles to the pan with the veggies and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Plate the noodles and veggies and top with roasted chickpeas, enjoy!