Valentines Day Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! February is American Heart Month and Valentine’s Day is just a few days away! Today’s recipe is perfect for a Valentine’s Day party or simply to treat yourself, while also taking care of your heart! These heart-shaped chips are made with tortillas; you can use any tortilla you prefer from corn, brown rice to cassava! Cut into heart shapes, each tortilla is lightly brushed with Thrive Algae Oil! Yes this is my go-to heart healthy cooking oil! You can top chips with sea salt and pair with guacamole (another heart health supporting food!) or I love adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar for a sweet treat! Bake the chips (see recipe below!) and then enjoy!
If you’ve never heard of Thrive Algae Oil, I’m so excited to share it with you and tell you a little bit about it!
- At 90%, Thrive has the highest level of monounsaturated fat – the good, heat stable fat – of any other cooking oil.
- Just one tablespoon gives you 13g of monounsaturated fat, the same amount you’d find in one whole avocado.
- Thrive has the lowest levels of saturated fat of any cooking oil (only 0.5g per serving) and contains 75% less saturated fat than olive and avocado oil.
- This makes Thrive a simple and delicious swap for other oils and butters to help maintain heart health.
- Thrive has a light, neutral taste, which lets the natural flavors of your food shine through!
Valentines Day Dessert Tortilla ChipsPrint Recipe
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 2-3 tablespoons Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut tortillas into heart shapes.
- Brush tortillas with Thrive Culinary Algae Oil and roast in oven for 5 minutes one.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Remove from oven, flip each chip over and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Place back in the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave chips in the oven with the door open for 5-10 minutes.
Disclosure: Thank you Thrive Algae Oil for sponsoring this post! At Healthy Grocery Girl we only partner with and promote products we love, use and believe our community would love to learn about.