I love quick dinners that are total comfort food but also healthy! Today’s recipe is a gluten-free, dairy-free Taco Salad Casserole. The lentil base is perfectly seasoned and a great plant-based alternative to meat. Topped with your favorite cheese (we went dairy-free!), tomatoes, red bell peppers, olives, green onion, RW Garcia Organic Yellow Corn chips, lettuce and dairy-free greek yogurt which works amazing as a sour-cream option – it’s just so delicious!
This meal is great for weeknight dinners but also perfect for tailgating or any Fall get-together!
RW Garcia has partnered with us on this post and their chips and crackers are SO good!! I first tried their sweet potato crackers and fell in love. These Organic Yellow Corn Chips are perfect to top on recipes from chili, soups, salads to casseroles and more! They are made with the highest quality, premium ingredients. All RW Garcia products are non-GMO project verified, gluten-free certified and contain no additives or preservatives. For my recipe today I chose the Organic Corn Yellow Corn Chips, however they also have Blue Corn, Chili Cheese and Bar-B-Q options too!
Taco Salad CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 cup dry black lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 1 tsp chili powder blend
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice we used dairy-free
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups RW Garcia Organic Yellow Corn Chips
- 1 cup chopped romaine
- ½ cup sour cream of choice we used dairy-free
- You can cook the lentils in a pot on the stove, but I used an Instant Pot. Simply add the dry lentils, water, salsa, chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion and salt to the Instant Pot, secure the lid, set for pressure cook for 10 mins. Make sure you let the pot sit for 15 minutes after cooking before you vent the steam.
- When the lentils are finished, scoop them into a casserole dish, top with cheese, red pepper, tomatoes, black olives and green onion. Broil in the oven for about 5 mins, just enough for the cheese to melt.
- Remove and top with RW Garcia Organic Yellow Corn Chips, chopped romaine and sour cream. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by RW Garcia. All opinions are my own! We only share products we genuinely enjoy and love and believe the HGG community would like to learn about!