Do you meal prep or wing it for dinner each night? If you’re looking for healthy comfort foods or easy, healthy dinners packed with vegetables… today’s recipe video and blog post is for you! I’m sharing 3 healthy dinner ideas that are perfect for a cozy weeknight meal.
We’ve also partnered with Olive Oils from Spain for today’s video and post! Sponsors make it possible for us to create and share videos with you every week! As always we only partner with products and brands we love and believe you’d love to learn more about! You can view or print the recipes below and also learn more amazing facts about Olive Oil!
Veggie Paella CakesPrint Recipe
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil from spain
- ½ onion minced
- 1 large carrot minced
- 1 red pepper minced
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup gluten-free baking flour plain flour
- Mixed greens and lemon wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion, chopped carrot and red pepper for 5-8 mins, until soft.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, cooked rice, sauteed vegetables, gluten-free baking flour and a heavy pinch of salt, stir together.
- Divide the mixture into 6 cakes. Add the remaining extra virgin olive oil from Spain to the frying pan and cook the cakes for 5-7 mins over a medium heat, flipping regularly, until golden all over.
- Serve over mixed greens and with a squeeze of lemon.
Roasted Vegetable Creamy SoupPrint Recipe
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil from spain
- 3 large carrots
- 2 golden beets
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- ½ sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups soup stock
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Scrub, peel and chop all the vegetables into pieces about 1 inch in size. Toss in 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil from Spain and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the carrots are soft and lightly browned.
- Add roasted vegetables into a high speed blender with soup stock, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until creamy, serve hot garnished with parsley, enjoy!
Brussels Sprouts Hash TacosPrint Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil from spain
- 2 cups brussels sprouts shaved
- 1 sweet potato grated or spiral cut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 corn or cassava tortillas
- Fried eggs or white beans for protein
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a large saute pan over medium heat, add the shaved brussels sprouts and spiral cut sweet potato, saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and serve on warmed tortillas with fried egg or white beans, sliced avocado and chopped cilantro, enjoy!
KEY BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL!
I was surprised to learn that 50% of the world’s olive oil comes from Spain! More than 200 different varieties of olives are grown in Spain providing us with the widest range of aromas and flavors.
TASTE: The taste of olive oil is dependent on the variety of olive, where it’s grown, ripeness when picked as well as soil conditions!
COOKING: Can you cook, fry or bake with Olive Oils from Spain? Yes! Frying is the best cooking technique to use when cooking with olive oils because it is the most resistant to high temperatures.
STORAGE: For correct storage, olive oils should be kept away from light, heat and strong odors. Bottles with opaque or dark materials better protect the quality of the olive oils.
HEALTH BENEFITS: Its high content in monounsaturated fatty acids makes olive oil a unique food. Virgin and extra-virgin olive oils also provide natural antioxidants (olive oil polyphenols and vitamin E). The key for taking advantage of this benefits is to replace saturated fats from the diet with monounsaturated, like Olive Oils from Spain.
EVOO vs OO:
Have you ever wondered what is the difference between Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil? Click here to learn more!
Olive Oils from Spain New campaign:
Olive Oils from Spain has also started a new campaign on how Americans and people from all over the world have included Olive Oils from Spain in their kitchens and made the flavor their own. For example Borja, an American living in Madrid, tried extra virgin olive oil from Spain when he first moved their and now can’t live without this liquid gold! You can learn more here!
Disclosure: Recipe video and blog post is sponsored by Olive Oils from Spain