Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl. Today I’m sharing 3 healthy baby food puree recipes featuring fruits and veggies! These are also great to meal prep and store in containers in the freezer, these are the baby food storage containers we use and love.
Lentil Carrot PeaPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Cook lentils according to package instructions. I find it best to cook them a little extra, until they are very soft.
- While the lentils are cooking, peel the carrots and remove the tops and tips, then chop into even sized pieces no bigger than ½ inch in any direction.
- Add carrots to a small pot with frozen peas and ½ cup filtered water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Drain and rinse the cooked lentils and then add then to the cooked carrots and peas.
- Blend to desired consistency with either a stick blender and in a high speed blender.
- This recipe will fill an entire 32 ounce mason jar, you will want to use within 3-4 days, so I find it best to also freeze some, in small freezer safe containers.
Purple Sweet Potato CauliflowerPrint Recipe
- 2 purple sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub, rinse or peel the purple potatoes, then slice into rounds about ½ inch thick.
- Add to a baking sheet and drizzle with about one teaspoon of cooking oil, I am using coconut oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the cauliflower florets.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until potatoes and cauliflower are soft, but not overly browned.
- Let the roasted vegetables cool and then add to a high speed blender with 1 cup of filtered water, blend until desired consistency.
- Scoop into freezable containers, or use within 3-4 days. This recipe will make about 2 cups.
Cinnamon Ginger ApplesaucePrint Recipe
- 3 red apples
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Begin by washing, coring and chopping the apples into even sized pieces.
- Next, peel the ginger root and chop into three or four pieces.
- Add the apples and ginger root to a small pot with 3/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- When the apples are soft, remove the ginger root and discard.
- Add the ground cinnamon to the apples, do not discard the water.
- With a stick blender, or in a regular blender, blend until smooth.
- This recipe will make about 2 cups of applesauce, use within 3-4 days or freezer in small freezer safe containers.