If you’re looking for an affordable, budget friendly healthy dinner for the entire family – this blog post is for you! Today I’m sharing a recipe that serves 4 people for only $4! This deconstructed burrito bowl with cilantro lime rice costs just ONE DOLLAR per person!
For this video I’ve collaborated with Sophie Uliano and she is also sharing a 4 for $4 meal which you can watch here!
Deconstructed Burrito Bowl
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 2 limes
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 2 cups black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 radish
- 2 carrots
- Add the dry rice to a pot with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer, covered for 35 minutes.
- Next slice the onion and dice the garlic, then peel the carrots and shred or grate.
- Finally sliced the radish and chop the tomatoes.
- Saute the sliced onion in a pan with coconut oil over medium heat for 5 minutes,
- then add the diced garlic and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Once the rice is finished, add the juice from one whole lime and the chopped cilantro, and stir.
- Dish up and serve, enjoy!