One meal for the whole family… that’s my favorite type of meal! The Fall Nourish Bowl recipe I’m sharing today is packed with plant-based protein, fiber, energizing carbohydrates as well as vitamins and minerals from all the seasonal veggies! It’s gluten-free, vegan & a delicious meal that the whole family will love, or can easily be adapted to meet the preferences of each family member!
We love Hilary’s veggie burgers, yes even my toddler! They are a great addition to any meal and perfect for this nourish bowl. Their new 4-pack Veggie Burgers flavors have 8 grams of protein per patty and simple, recognizable, plant-based ingredients. The key ingredients for their new Fiesta Black Bean Burgers are: black beans, whole grain millet, sweet potatoes, red peppers, kale/spinach, chili powder and lime juice. What’s also great is that these 2 new flavors are found in boxes of 4 per box vs the traditional 2 per box existing flavors! You can shop these two new flavors now at Sprouts Farmers Market, Wegmans, and Fresh Thyme!
Millet For Mayor!
One ingredient that is a staple in Hilary’s burgers, sausages, bites and medleys is millet. Millet is an amazing gluten-free grain. It’s the perfect swap for quinoa or rice to make your meals more interesting! Nutritionally millet contains fiber, protein, B vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium and a variety of other vitamins and minerals. Research has linked millet to supporting heart health, helping to control cholesterol levels, supporting digestion and even may help naturally detoxify the body thanks to the antioxidants found in millet. When you think of millet, you may think of bird food. However, after today hopefully you think of millet as a naturally gluten-free whole grain that adds diversity to your meals!
In addition to millet Hilary’s burgers contain veggies likes sweet potato, kale / spinach and plant-powered back beans! Black beans are a wonderful source of iron. Iron is best absorbed with the presence of vitamin C! Did you know that sweet potatoes contain vitamin C? Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can support immune health, which is perfect as we head into the Fall & Winter months when cold and Flu season is on the rise! Stay nourished this Fall with… a Fall Nourish Bowl! Check out my recipe below!
Fall Nourish BowlPrint Recipe
- 2 Hilary’s Veggie Burger of Choice
- 2 small sweet potato
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ small kabocha squash
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas then prepare the vegetables; scrub and chop the sweet potato, rinse and slice brussels sprouts in half, rinse cauliflower florets. Scrub the outside of the squash and scoop out seeds from one half, then slice into ½ thick slices.
- Coat the vegetables with olive oil and lay out on a baking sheet with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then toss the chickpeas with olive oil and place on a separate baking sheet with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables and chickpeas in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping once.
- Add the Hilary’s Eat Well burger patty to a baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, add to a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!
2 Dressing Options!
You can enjoy this meal just as it is, the natural flavors come to life when roasted with a little oil and sea salt! However if you’re looking for even more flavor try one of these two homemade dressings or sauces!
Lemon Tahini DressingPrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini ground sesame seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth.
Honey Mustard DressingPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp raw local honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a jar and whisk or shake together.
One Meal For Adults and Kids!
My daughter loves to eat what we are eating – so we try and cook one meal that we all can share. However, let’s be honest… we have plenty of nights where Ella eats pasta and once she goes to sleep, my husband and I enjoy our own dinner on the couch in front of some TV! Parenting is hard work and sometimes you just need to eat a meal in silence. However, I strive to prepare a family meal more nights than not. So below is one example of how to take this Fall Nourish Bowl and serve for a toddler too!
The key is really in the size of food and presentation of the meal. For the roasted chickpeas I mash so they are not a choking hazard. The cauliflower, sweet potato and veggie burgers are cut into small pieces, a size I know she’s comfortable with. You can also slice the veggie burger into sticks, about the length and width of your finger, which is easy for little ones to hold and eat. Kids also love to dip! You can offer a side for dipping whether it’s ketchup, mustard, hummus (added protein!) or even my Lemon Tahini or Honey Mustard dressing if they have an adventurous palate!
Disclosure: Healthy Grocery Girl is an ambassador for Hilary’s. This post is sponsored by Hilary’s. We only promote brands and products we love, use and believe the Healthy Grocery Girl community would love to learn about!