Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! Today I’m sharing more quick & healthy recipes with a NEW What I Eat In A Day Video! I love getting new meal-time ideas and this video has 3 great new recipes!
Today’s video is also a fun collab my friend & fellow YouTuber Nikole from Healthnut Nutrition. We decided it would be fun to make each other’s recipe for a entire day!! So in my video I’m making recipes from her new cookbook, The Healthnut Cookbook, and she is making recipes from the HGG Blog + YouTube and sharing in her video!
BONUS! We are giving away ONE copy of Nikole’s cookbook! If you love healthy, nourishing recipes you will love this cookbook! Enter the giveaway on the HGG Instagram here!!
Lemon Pie Chia PuddingPrint Recipe
- 1 can 14-ounces full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Coconut Whip Cream
- 1 tablespoon toasted unsweetened coconut
- Lemon Zest
- n a medium glass jar combine coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, turmeric, and lemon zest and juice. Cover and shake well to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight, stirring occasionally to prevent chia seeds from clumping.
- Divide the chia pudding among small bowls, top with Coconut Whip, and sprinkle with toasted coconut and lemon zest, if using.
Shredded Caesar SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 cups stemmed and shredded black kale
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Almond Flour Parm prepped ahead
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers minced
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the brussels sprouts, kale and red cabbage.
- In a high-speed blender combine the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, caper brine, nutritional yeast, tamari and a pinch each of sea salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in the minced capers.
- Drizzle the Creamy Caesar Dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Scatter the avocado on top, sprinkle with Almond Flour Parm and serve. Salad will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days with the dressing or up to 4 days without the dressing.
Smoky White Bean Kale SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves stripped from the stems
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cans 19 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups loosely packed stemmed and roughly chopped kale
- Juice of ½ lemon
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add celery and carrots and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, add the bay leaf, thyme, paprika, salt, black pepper, chili flakes and cannellini beans; and bring to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and tender, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the bay leaf. Transfer 4 cups of the soup to a high-speed blender and puree for 10 seconds. Pour the pureed soup back in the pot. Stir in the kale and lemon juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.