Hi Friends! Welcome back to HGG! Does your little one want to eat everything that you eat?!
Our daughter is obsessed with what’s on my plate even if I’ve made her a very similar meal on her own plate, silly gal! It does make me more cautious and aware of what we eat and eat as a family. One of our favorite brands that makes meal-time easier and our entire family loves is Hilary’s. This Apple & Veggie Sausage Acorn Squash recipe I’m sharing today is perfect for the Holidays AND yes – even my toddler enjoyed it! It’s packed with veggies and flavor. My recipe features Hilary’s Meatless Sausages which comes in two flavors – Spicy Veggie and Apple Maple. Their product ingredient lists are always simple with real food ingredients we recognize. For example the first two ingredients in the Spicy Veggie Sausage or Millet and Lentils! Lentils are a wonderful source of plant-based protein and also contain iron, potassium, manganese, folate and zinc! Millet also contains protein, fiber, potassium, zinc and magnesium to name a few!
These veggie sausages are also great to have on hand for quick breakfasts, especially during the Holiday season when guests may be visiting!
I shop for Hilary’s at Sprouts Farmers Market, to find where you can shop for Hilary’s check out their Store Locator!
Apple Sausage Acorn SquashPrint Recipe
- 2 - 3 acorn squash depending on size
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 box Hilary’s Organic Spicy Veggie Meatless Breakfast Sausage, chopped
- 1 cup bread of choice cubed
- ½ green apple diced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush extra virgin olive oil over cut sides of squash, place cut side down in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add all filling ingredients to a bowl and stir together.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and flip the squash halves.
- Fill with mix and bake for 30 minutes.
- Based on the size of your squash you may need to bake a little more or less, they are done when soft like a baked potato 🙂 Enjoy!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Hilary’s