Happy February! This month is Heart Health month and today I’m sharing 3 Heart Healthy Citrus Breakfasts ideas that are gluten-free, dairy-free and packed with flavor! These recipes are quick and easy for the whole family to enjoy!
Lemon OatmealPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Add oats, chia seeds and water to a small pot and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, juice from half the lemon, shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Stir and scoop into serving bowls and top with non dairy milk, more sliced almonds, coconut and lemon zest.
Immune Boosting SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or yogurt
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 frozen banana
- Optional: 1 serving plant-based protein powder
- Peel orange and peel and chop carrot and turmeric.
- Add everything to high speed blender and blend for 1 minute.
Citrus Avocado ToastPrint Recipe
- 1/2 Limoneira navel orange
- 1 tablespoon Limoneira lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 3 slices bread of choice
- 2 radishes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop into bowl with lemon juice and sea salt and mash together.
- Slice radishes into thin rounds and peel and cut orange into triangles.
- Toast bread and spread on a layer of avocado mash and top with radishes, orange, hemp hearts and mint.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!