Hi Friends! Do you love pasta? Me too! I also love quick, healthy recipes that are great for kids AND gluten-free and dairy-free! Today’s recipe is just that! I’m sharing how to make this baked sweet potato penne dish with a bread crumb topping and it’s so simple and so good! Enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato PennePrint Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 box gluten-free penne
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked overnight, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, add to a high-speed blender with water, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and paprika. Blend on high for two minutes.
- Add penne and blended sweet potato to a baking dish and stir together. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- While the penne bakes, add the cashews, coconut milk, garlic, salt and pepper into high-speed blender and blend on high for two minutes.
- Add one piece of dried-out bread with garlic powder and red pepper flakes into a small food processor and pulse into bread crumbs.
- Remove the penne from the oven and stir. Pour cashew cream over penne and top with bread crumbs.
- Place back in the oven, uncovered and bake for 10-15 minutes.