When the weather turns cooler, my favorite types of recipes to make are soups and chilis. I love how they make the home smell amazing and having plentiful leftovers for easy meals throughout the week. Chili is also a wonderful comfort food that can be packed with so much goodness from plant-based protein such as beans, to vegetables, herbs, spices and more.
Today’s recipe is an easy, healthy instant pot chili recipe that is dairy-free, gluten-free and 100 percent plant-based. You can also easily make this chili in a soup pot or slow cooker of choice.
A key ingredient for my chili recipes is beans! S&W Beans are a great pantry staple and their new Heirloom Series beans are a perfect, hearty source of protein for this meal. The pinquito beans are petite pink beans exclusively grown in California’s central coast. They are simmered in an authentic Santa Maria style sauce, perfect in chili, soup and more! I also added yellow eye beans to this chili. These beans have a slightly nutty flavor, and a creamy texture. They taste great and add some visual variety!
Beans are a nutrition powerhouse. They contain protein, fiber, magnesium, iron and are a prebiotic! As a prebiotic, beans feed the bacteria in your large intestine, including strains of probiotic bacteria thought to boost digestive and immune system health.
In addition to beans, this chili has sweet potato, cauliflower, pumpkin, green bell pepper and a variety of spices rich in antioxidants!
I recommend making a large batch of this fiber and protein packed chili and enjoying it for lunches or dinners throughout the week! It also freezes well if you love to prep freezer meals!
Harvest Heirloom Bean ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups sweet potato chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder add more to taste
- ½ head cauliflower chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can unsweetened pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- 1 - 15 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces of soup stock
- 2 - 15 ounce cans of S&W Pinquito Beans
- 1 - 15 ounce can of S&W Yellow Eye Beans
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream or Dairy-Free Greek Yogurt
- Herb of choice or diced greens
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, add coconut oil, onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and spices. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower, sweet potato puree, tomatoes and stock. Add the Instant Pot lid and set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the heirloom beans. When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then carefully vent the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and add the heirloom beans. Let sit for 3-4 minutes, so the beans warm up, and serve.
- A health food hack I love is adding a dollop of plain unsweetened dairy-free Greek yogurt on my chili or soup serving as “sour cream”! I was fresh out of herbs, so I diced some kale for garnish, and it added colors and another boost of nutrition to this dish!
If you make this recipe and share on social please tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl! I’d love to see and repost your creations!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by S&W Beans.