Excited to celebrate National Lemon Meringue Pie day but don’t want to turn on the oven? Try this easy Lemon Meringue Pie Nice-Cream recipe as a cool & refreshing way to celebrate this fun food holiday this summer!
We love this recipe because it is made with bananas instead of traditional dairy ice-cream making it a healthy and guilt-free treat! Bananas are such an incredibly nutritious and veritable fruit! See below for all the amazing health benefits from bananas!
Health Benefits of Bananas
Did you know that one bananas provides around 9% of your daily Potassium intake? Potassium is an electrolyte that regulates nerve function and also is what helps your muscles contract. Low potassium levels in the body can lead to more severe things such as irregular heart beat.
Bananas also contain lectin, which acts like an antioxidant in the body. Antioxidants are important because they help your body right free radicals and protects cells from damage. The vitamin C content found in bananas can also help protect cells!
Another reason to love this fruit is that it is full of fiber and water! Both of these things are crucial for digestion and may help with keeping you regular.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this Lemon Meringue Pie Nice-Cream, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Lemon Meringue Pie Nice-CreamPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 3 ripe bananas frozen
- ½ cup marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 cinnamon graham crackers
- Peel bananas, slice and store in the freezer for 6+ hours.
- Chop marshmallows and crumble graham crackers almost into a powder.
- Add in vegan butter and stir to combine.
- Using a Yonanas machine or blender, blend frozen bananas.
- Mix in lemon juice and some lemon zest.
- Using a bread pan, layer by first adding half of the nice cream, then half of the marshmallows and graham crackers, final layer of nice cream and final layer of marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Let freeze for another 6+ hours and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more yummy and fresh dessert recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!