Looking for a new healthy dinner idea? Try these savory Roasted Lemon Salmon Burgers! These burgers are made with real, whole ingredients that contain omega-3’s, fiber, protein and antioxidants! Roasted lemon on top of salmon gives these burgers the perfect bite of freshness and tang from the citrus.
As we continue on with sustainability practices, these salmon patties also freeze well, perfect for meal prepping and zero waste. We love being able to heat these up on the stove or oven for a quick lunch or dinner.
Health Benefits of Salmon Burger
Salmon contains two types of omega-3 fatty acids, known as EPA and DHA. These types of healthy fats are found in abundance in some seafood, such as salmon. EPA and DHA may lower inflammation, lower blood pressure and support heart health!
Red Bell Pepper
Red bell peppers contain more vitamin C than an orange! One of these peppers contains 170% of your daily recommended intake! Vitamin C aids in immunity by keeping your immune system strong and preventing your risk of disease like heart disease. It also helps your body produce collagen, which is essential for skin health along with wound healing.
Cilantro is an incredible herb! One of my favorite health benefits of cilantro is that it supports your liver, which is your natural detox organ! It also contains supports gut health, which is essential for digestion and immunity!
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these salmon burgers, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Roasted Lemon Salmon BurgerPrint Recipe
- 1 7.5 oz can wild Alaskan sockeye salmon
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a medium saucepan and sauté bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Slice ¾ of the lemon and toss lemon slices in honey.
- Brush 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over a large baking sheet. Add slices of lemon and roast for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add whisked egg, salmon, flour, sautéed bell pepper, cilantro, spices, mustard and juice from the rest of the lemon.
- Mix together until fully incorporated. Form mixture into burger patties.
- Add the last teaspoon of coconut oil to a sauté pan and add burger patties.
- Sauté for 5 minutes on each side.
- Build your burger using bun of choice, mayo, lettuce, burger patty and roasted lemon slices.
If you love this recipe, see below for more delicious burger recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!