Happy October! Fall is in full swing and there are plenty of fun things to do this month like go to the pumpkin patch, drink apple cider and even make these incredible spooky houses! These Edible Haunted Houses are sweet and full of citrusy fun! Similar to gingerbread houses, these bring a day full of holiday fun for the entire family and give you some ideas for cold nights in!
These houses are gluten-free and dairy-free and made with Chocolate Orange Pumpkins from the juice of Limoneira oranges! They are also sprinkled with orange zest for some extra citrus flavor. We added some bats and ghost to the top of our houses, so feel free to add in whatever at home halloween goodies you have or make your own!
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these haunted houses, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Edible Haunted HousesPrint Recipe
- 2 Limoneira oranges
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks / chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1 tsp yellow plant-based food coloring
- 1/2 tsp red plant-based food coloring
- 1 tsp chocolate sprinkles
- Add the chocolate, juice from one mandarin orange and coconut oil to a double boiler. Melt everything together, stirring often until a thick fudge forms. You can always add a touch more coconut oil or almond milk to get the consistency you prefer.
- Add the fudge to a silicone pumpkin mold and let freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, carefully cut graham crackers into house shapes. I suggest using a sharp serrated knife.
- Create the orange frosting by adding the yellow and red food coloring to the vanilla frosting. Stir to form orange color.
- Begin to build the houses! Pro tip: the more frosting the better.
- Take the chocolate pumpkins from the freezer.
- Decorate, have fun and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more nutritious & fun Halloween recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!