During the Holiday months, I always look forward to seasonal flavors or cinnamon, cranberry, orange, pumpkin, clove and more! These Zesty Orange Cranberry Bars are a great Fall breakfast or snack made with oats, almonds, cranberries, orange, almond butter and honey! These bars are easy to make, they require no cooking and the kids can even help. I recommend making a batch now, freezing and then bringing it out on Thanksgiving morning! When everyone is hungry yet Thanksgiving dinner is hours away… you’ll be grateful to have a delicious granola bar packed with seasonal flavor at the ready to eat!
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Almonds are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, protein and important
nutrients such as manganese and Vitamin E. Almonds are also high in fiber, which helps you feel full longer!
Oats are a complex carbohydrate, which can help you feel full longer. Oats also contain protein, fiber and iron. Consuming plant-based sources of iron with vitamin C rich foods, such as the orange in this recipe, will help your body absorb the iron better. Your body needs iron to aid your cells in carrying oxygen throughout the body.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these bars, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Zesty Orange Cranberry BarsPrint Recipe
- 2 tbsp juice from a Limoneira Mandarin Orange
- 1 tbsp zest from a Limoneira Mandarin Orange
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup slice almonds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Begin by mixing the juice, zest, almond butter and honey together.
- Then add the sliced almonds and cranberries, stir together and finally stir in the rolled oats.
- Use a freezer safe dish around 9 x 8 inches, lined with a small piece of parchment paper.
- Add the mix and press down until it is flat and well compacted.
- Finally add the zest on top and freeze for a minimum of one hour, but these are best after 3 or more hours.
- Cut and enjoy!
Click Below For More Bar Recipes
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!