Today I’m sharing how to make Sweet Potato Pies! Toady’s video is also a little different because it’s a collaboration with one of my YouTube friends Candice from the channel Edgy Veg. Candice & I decided to each create a recipe that includes at least 3 of the same ingredients & to determine those ingredients we asked for help from another YouTuber, Rose from the channel Cheap Lazy Vegan. The 3 ingredients chosen were silken tofu, sweet potato and nutmeg. While I love sweet potato and nutmeg, tofu is not an ingredient I use often in my recipes… so I really had to think about what to make! I decided to make mini sweet potato pies & I love how they turned out, I hope you will too! Click play to watch today’s video and if you happen to recreate this recipe and share a picture online please tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl and #HealthyGroceryGirl so I can find & like your photo! Thanks for stopping by the HGG blog today!
Mini Sweet Potato PiesPrint Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic silken tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of arrowroot powder
- Store-bought pie dough! I love the brand "Wholly Wholesome"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- First boil two cups of diced sweet potato for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender
- Then add the boiled sweet potatoes with all remaining ingredients (except the pie dough!) into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Form your pie dough into a pie dish or mini cupcake pan and full with the sweet potato mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes
- Let cool & then enjoy!