GLUTEN-FREE LACTATION COOKIE RECIPE
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I’m sharing how to make lactation cookies. There are certain foods known as lactogenic foods that may support milk production and what better way to enjoy these types of foods than in a cookie! This cookie recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and not-to-sweet which I prefer because I can eat them anytime of day… cookies for breakfast? Yes please! Check out the recipe video and recipe below!
Gluten-Free Lactation CookiesPrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten free 1-to-1 flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs or vegan egg replacer
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- Add all 'dry' ingredients into a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
- Add all 'wet' ingredients into a small bowl and stir together.
- Pour 'wet' ingredients into the 'dry' and mix until fully combined.
- Use a 2 oz scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup to lay out 8 cookies on a line/greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, and then enjoy!
The following foods have been said to help support and boost milk production. These foods are called lactogenic foods and herbs, also known as galatogogues. They can boost relaxin and help support both the quantity and quality of breastmilk.
Because every body is different, there are no guarantees that eating these foods will result in increased milk production. However, because these foods are natural and nourishing – it can’t hurt to add them to your diet!