What are three things that you do every day to feel good? For me exercise, eating wholesome, real food and finding a mini moment for myself is a must!
Today’s recipe is a Spring Nourish Salad. From the kale and brussels sprouts, diced prunes to nuts and seeds this salad is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, energizing carbohydrates and protein to help you feel good from the inside, out!
It’s no surprise that I’m a big advocate for food as a key component of a healthy lifestyle. Food plays an important role in your mood, energy levels and overall health. However, healthy eating does not have to be boring, expensive or time consuming. Healthy living is a lifestyle, a long-term investment centered around daily habits that are enjoyable and sustainable that help you to feel good!
Whenever I eat something that is both delicious AND nourishing, I always feel good! This salad took just a few minutes to make and because kale is such a hearty green, it holds up well prepped & stored in the fridge for days! Prunes are also one of my favorite dried fruits – they have so many amazing benefits, which I share more about below.
Health Benefits Of A Few Ingredients!
Prunes: In my opinion, prunes are one of the best dried fruits! They are naturally lower in sugar (lower glycemic) than most dried fruits and nutrient dense! For this salad I added Sunsweet Amaz!n Prunes and they contribute so much flavor and natural sweetness, as well as texture. Did you know that prunes also help support your bone health? Research suggests that eating 5-6 prunes a day may help prevent bone loss – amazing! Sunsweet Amaz!n prunes are the Feel Good Fruit because they offer so many benefits, all in a sweet juicy morsel!
Kale: Kale is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C! It is also packed with vitamin A, vitamin K, manganese and fiber!
Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain protein, fiber, healthy fats and zinc – a mineral that supports immune health!
Spring Nourish SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups curly kale chopped
- ½ cup brussels sprouts thin sliced
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 10 Sunsweet Amaz!n Prunes whole or chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup pecans
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a small separate bowl and whisk together.
- Rinse, dry and thinly slice the kale, brussels sprouts and carrots.
- Chop Sunsweet Amaz!n Prunes.Then add all the kale, brussels sprouts, carrots, prunes and pecans into a bowl. Top with pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and a drizzle of salad dressing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Sunsweet.