Disclosure: Thank you to Pompeian for sponsoring today’s video!
Do you have Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your pantry? It is a cooking staple for me! It’s incredibly versatile and has a variety of health benefits from helping to maintain a healthy weight and gut to reducing hidden inflammation in the body.
In today’s video I’m sharing a few amazing benefits of EVOO and a really simple dinner recipe for Roasted Acorn Squash & Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Garlic Dressing.
This recipe can help build a better gut due to its fiber content, gut-supporting leafy greens and of course the inclusion of nutrient-rich EVOO!
EVOO Health Benefits
Gut health is important because it greatly affects our health overall. For example, did you know that nearly 70 percent of the immune system resides in the gut? EVOO is a must-have for supporting gut health because it is rich in compounds that have been found to have a positive effect on gut microbes and has more than 36 plant compounds that can help reduce inflammation. For example EVOO contains the compound known as oleocanthal, which packs an anti-inflammatory response in the body similar to ibuprofen!
Organic Robust EVOO
My go-to is Pompeian’s Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it’s not only great for salads and marinades but is passionately crafted by Pompeian’s family of olive oil farmers and olive oil craftsmen for a difference you can taste – helping you to Eat and Live Well every day. It is high in monounsaturated fats which is why I use it twice in my recipe today…to roast our acorn squash and also to make a really delicious homemade dressing that tastes great and is great for you!
Now let’s get to our recipe!
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad with Creamy Tahini Garlic DressingPrint Recipe
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Robust EVOO
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 4 leaves kale
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup currants
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Organic Robust EVOO
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- pinch sea salt
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub and rinse the outside of the acorn squash and cut in half lengthwise; then using a large spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Slice squash into ½ thick half-moons.
- Brush a baking sheet with your Organic Robust EVOO, lay out the acorn squash and brush the tops with EVOO as well, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- And roast for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the salad dressing, simply add all ingredients into a small blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage with clean hands, this will soften and flavor the kale.
- Finally mix the shredded purple cabbage in with the dressed kale.
- When the acorn squash is finished roasting, serve on top of the kale with hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and currants!
If you make and share this recipe please share and tag me on social @HealthyGrocerygirl