Feeling like you’re in a breakfast rut?! I hear ya on that! It can be so hard not to reach for those convenience items every day. While those are great to have in a hurry, we want you to enjoy a nutritious and filling breakfast that is simple to make. Today we are sharing a delicious and healthy Zesty Classic Breakfast Casserole!
This is such a perfect recipe to prep over the weekend and enjoy throughout the week or make for a weekend brunch. It’s filled with antioxidant and nutrient dense veggies including potatoes, broccoli and green onion! We can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Did you know that there are lots of nutrients found in potatoes?! Potatoes actually contain vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin and folate. One medium potato contains almost 4 grams of fiber! The fiber helps with feeding your healthy gut bacteria, digestion and keeping you full for longer.
Broccoli is a powerhouse veggie loaded with nutrients! One of the compounds if called Sulforaphane. This may help reduce the risk of specific diseases such as cancer. It may also reduce blood sugar, cholesterol levels and oxidative stress.
Onions, including green onions have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effects that may slow the growth of things such as salmonella and E coli. 1 cup of green onions contains 25% of your daily vitamin C! This is important for immune function and skin health!
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this breakfast casserole, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Zesty Classic Breakfast CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 lb golden potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon Limoneira lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes, peel bad spots and cut into cubes.
- Add potatoes to casserole baking dish and cover with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir in broccoli florets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop green onions. Save the bottom parts for cooking and top for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, coconut milk and the white part of the green onion.
- Remove baking dish from the oven, pour in egg mixture and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Top the egg bake with remaining green onion and lemon zest. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more breakfast recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!