I love a good salad. I mean a GOOD salad. Not a salad with wilted ice-berg lettuce, dried shredded carrots and 1 cherry tomato. This is often the type of “salad” we get from a fast food or buffet restaurant and is the exact reason why so many people do not like salads! I have heard a similar story from so many of my nutrition coaching clients, friends and even Healthy Grocery Girl Nutrition Plan Members that once they eat a GOOD salad, it changes everything. They suddenly LIKE salads, crave them in fact! I am talking about a meal-worthy salad that has layers of flavor, texture and smells incredible. My southwestern salad is exactly that type of a salad, a GOOD salad. I know you’re going to love it and I am really, really excited for you to try it!
A GOOD SALAD
In today’s Healthy Grocery Girl Show cooking video I am sharing exactly how I throw together this delicious dish. The printable recipe is also below, so please feel free to save and share this recipe with a pal! I can’t wait to hear what you think! If you have any thoughts or questions, please leave me a comment below.
Have a fabulous day and thank you for stopping by the Healthy Grocery Girl blog today!!
xx Megan, Your Registered Dietitian
Southwestern SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 organic corn tortilla
- 1 teaspoon of organic unrefined coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 cup of mixed greens
- 1 sweet yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 15-ounce can of unsalted black beans
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- Healthy Grocery Girl's Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing See Link Below For Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice corn tortilla into strips and add onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and bake or 2 to 3 minutes until crispy (but not burnt!)
- Wash and dry mixed greens
- Wash and dice bell pepper, tomatoes and avocado
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Add mixed greens into a bowl
- Add on top bell pepper, black beans, tomatoes, olives, avocado, sunflower seeds and tortilla strips
- Drizzle with salad dressing and enjoy!
Choose BPA Free Cans
For HGG's Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing: Add a lime instead of a lemon and a pinch of red chili flakes