Pizza is one of my favorites! However, you may wonder… how can you eat pizza if you eat plant-based? Well you can reduce the amount of cheese & meat or avoid it all together and boost the amount of veggies and plant-based protein-packed ingredients. There is also the option of adding a vegan cheese to your pizza, however I’ll be honest & say that there are only a few vegan cheeses I have tried that taste good & are quality ingredients! For me, I’d rather enjoy a pizza that is all about the veggies. So that is what I’ll be sharing with you today, a veggie packed easy vegan pizza! Don’t forget the red chili pepper flakes!
This recipe is super simple and requires just a few ingredients. I like to buy ready-made pizza crust at Whole Foods Market typically the Whole Foods 365 Whole-Wheat Pizza Crust or recently we tried the Engine 2 Whole-Wheat Pizza Crust both available in the freezer section. Of course, you can always make pizza crust homemade which is simple to do, it just requires planning ahead of time. Some days, okay most days, we just want dinner fast and so we opt for the ready made crust versus homemade. If you prefer homemade, I’ve include my recipe below.
Once you have your pizza crust you’ll simply add on red sauce (I love Whole Foods Market 365) and then whatever veggies you want! In my pizza I included sweet yellow bell pepper, olives, artichoke hearts, red onion, spinach and red chili pepper flakes. For baking, follow the instructions on the packaging associated with the pizza crust you choose, it will be different for every ready made crust. We also make a big green salad to enjoy on the side because… the more veggies the better!!
Homemade Pizza CrustPrint Recipe
- 2.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet active yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast
- Then add in oil and water
- Mix with an electronic mixture or by hand until dough forms
- On a floured surface, knead the dough 5 - 8 times
- Place dough bake in a bowl and cover with a towel and let rise for at least 30 to 60 minutes
- Roll out dough and place on a baking sheet, add one sauce and toppings and bake for 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until crispy!