Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I’m sharing how to make a really simple salad perfect for the Holiday season! This salad is so light and refreshing it’s honestly great any time of the year! It’s made with quinoa, a higher protein grain as well as almonds for crunch, more protein and fiber! I also love how flavorful and colorful this salad is thanks to the dried cranberries from Graceland Fruit, a company we are honored to partner with for today’s post! The Orange Vinaigrette salad dressing is so delicious and packs in some immune boosting vitamin c! I know you’re going to love this recipe and I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Easy, Cranberry Orange Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup Graceland Fruit Dried Whole Cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 small or 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring quinoa, water and a pinch of sea salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside (or in the fridge) to cool, with the lid off.
- To make the dressing, first zest and juice the orange. Then in a blender, combine the olive oil, 4 tablespoons of the orange juice, one tablespoon orange zest, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Once the quinoa has cooled to room temperature (or below) add into a medium sized bowl with the arugula, dried cranberries and sliced almonds and toss together with about ½ cup of the orange vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy!
Graceland Fruit Highlights
- Non-GMO Project Verified: The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization committed to preserving and building the non-GMO food supply, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices. The verification seal indicates that the product bearing the seal has gone through a verification process that requires ongoing testing of at-risk ingredients, thorough reviews, onsite inspections, and more! I love that Graceland Fruits are Non-GMO Project Verified!
- Kosher: When your product or establishment is certified Kosher, shoppers know that you comply with a strict policy of kosher food laws, including cleanliness, purity and quality. To be certified Kosher, all ingredients in every product—and the process of preparing the product—must be certified for kosher-compliance too. Graceland Fruits are Certified Kosher!
- Allergen & Gluten-Free! Graceland Fruits are also Allergen-Free & Gluten-Free!
- Plus Graceland Fruits are low-fat, cholesterol free and made with no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no artificial preservatives!
For today’s recipe we featured Graceland Fruit Dried Whole Cranberries, however they also offer Dried Blueberries & Dried Cherries, yum! I hope you are having a wonderful day, thank you for reading our latest post & I can’t wait for you to make this recipe!
For more great recipe ideas make sure to visit GracelandFruit.com
Disclosure: Thank you To Graceland Fruit for sponsoring this blog post!