Blood Orange Heart Sugar Cookies
Blog | Cookies | Dairy-Free | Desserts | Gluten Free Desserts | Gluten-Free | Recipes
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and these gluten and dairy-free Blood Orange Heart Sugar Cookies are the perfect treat to share with your sweetheart!
Blood Orange Heart CookiesPrint Recipe
- 2 Limoneira blood orange zest
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons blood orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add flour, blood orange zest, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil and stir together to form batter.
- Roll out dough and using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut into heart cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add powdered sugar and blood orange juice and whisk together.
- Drizzle over cookies and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!