Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Growing up I loved eating homemade applesauce. However, homemade applesauce is not just for kids, it’s actually a really delicious & nutritious snack for all ages! I was inspired by the popular “Smoothie Bowl” to take my favorite homemade applesauce recipe & elevate it into a meal-worthy breakfast! The apples that I’m using for today’s recipe are called Autumn Glory Apples!
Spiced Apple Breakfast BowlPrint Recipe
- 2 medium Autumn Glory Apples
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Low-Sugar Granola
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Fresh Autumn Glory Apples Diced
- Wash, core and chop apples. Compost or discard the cores.
- Add chopped apples to a small saucepan with 1 cup of water, bring the water to a rolling boil and boil apples with the lid off for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add boiled apples to a high speed blender with cinnamon and blend on high until smooth.
- Enjoy warm or chilled!
- To make a breakfast bowl top with granola, coconut, more diced apples & a generous pinch of cinnamon!
- For a smoother applesauce, peel apples before boiling. I prefer to leave the skin on though as it provides some great fiber!
- For a thinner applesauce use the water! The water leftover from boiling the apples will have some light sweetness to it and some nutritional value. You can add it to the blender with the chopped apple, this will give you a thinner applesauce.
Autumn Glory Apple Highlights
- Autumn Glory Apples are crisp with hues of red & gold
- Because they are so crisp, they are perfect apples for snacking!
- These apples are harvested late October & available throughout the winter!
- Apples contain important nutrients such a immune boosting vitamin C as well as antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber!
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Autumn Glory Apples.