Hey Friends! Welcome back to the blog! As we celebrate the beginning of 2019, we want to share 10 incredible benefits of drinking lemon water! We hope these benefits can gear you up for a happy and healthy new year!
1. Lemons are rich in vitamin C! Lemon water is a great way to support the body’s immune system.
2. You may think that lemons are acidic due to their tangy flavor! However, lemons have an alkalizing affect on the body once digested. Drinking warm water with lemon juice every morning may help maintain proper pH balance of the body.
3. Lemon juice has anti-bacterial properties, which may help the body fight infections.
4. Warm lemon water may help with weight loss! Research studies show that lemons support digestion and may increase the body’s metabolic rate.
5. Lemons antibacterial properties can also support dental health and prevent gingivitis.
6. Lemon water is a great way to help stay hydrated! Plain water can get boring. Lemon water or a combo of fresh lemon slices + fruit infused waters is a fun, natural way to flavor and encourage drinking more water!
7. Research studies have linked daily lemon consumption with helping to lower blood pressure, in combination with a heart healthy diet and walking or regular exercise.
8. A study published in the American Society for Clinical Nutrition concluded that people who consume more vitamin C have less risk of wrinkles and dry skin. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C! Vitamin C also supports collagen production, the wrinkle preventing protein that naturally occurs in skin.
9. Warm lemon water can prevent constipation and encourage regular bowel movements.
10. Lemons are nutrient dense, not only are they packed with vitamin C, lemons also contain calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!