Maple Pecan Date Granola
Hi Friends! This time of year, I feel so sentimental and grateful for the friends and family in my life – including the friends I’ve made here online… which are all of you! There are so many ways to show the people you love how you feel about them! From words of affirmation, a hand-written card or even a small gift! However, all gifts don’t have to be costly or take a lot of time to pull together to be thoughtful. If you’re looking for an easy, yet amazing gift to give to a neighbor, teacher, co-worker, friend or family member… today’s recipe it is! I’m sharing how to make Maple Pecan Date Granola which is not only a delicious recipe to enjoy on those cozy fall mornings, but it doubles as an amazing gift!
Spoiler alert, for some of my friends… you’ll be getting these cute little jars of Maple Pecan Date Granola! I love cleaning + saving glass jars whether they are from a food brand or even a beauty brand and repurposing for food storage or gifts. Simply add a ribbon, a cute tag & it’s the perfect gift!
Let’s Talk About The Ingredients!
Dates: My favorite ingredient in this recipe are the dates. They add texture, flavor and visually a pop of warmth and color to this recipe! Dates are a great way to add natural sweetness to so many recipes from sweet to savory and they provide 3 grams of fiber per serving. Dates also contain magnesium, potassium and vitamin B-6 and Polyphenols, an antioxidant that can help protect the body from inflammation. (Tip: Sunsweet Dates are my favorite BTW!)
Pecans: Pecans pack protein, fiber and healthy fats – all key ingredients that help you feel full and satisfied!
Maple Syrup: All good granola recipes need a binder to help make those big delicious chunks of granola. Maple syrup packs vitamins and minerals such as manganese and zinc.
Oats: Oats are a source of soluble fiber which helps you feel full, can help manage cholesterol levels, supporting heart health! Oats also contain protein and fiber!
Maple Pecan Date GranolaPrint Recipe
- ½ cup Sunsweet Pitted Dates soaked
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Sunsweet Dates chopped
- Add the ½ cup pitted dates to a small bowl and fill with water warm, let soak for 15 minutes.
- Add the soaked dates and ⅓ cup of the soaking water to a high-speed blender with the maple syrup, coconut oil and pumpkin pie spice; blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl add oats, pecans, hemp hearts, flax seeds and sea salt; then stir together.
- Pour the blended date mix to the large bowl and mix well.
- Spread out about a ½ inch thick on a baking dish lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in ½ cup, chopped dates.
- Let cool completely before serving and storing.
If you make this recipe and share on Instagram please tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can find and like your photos!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Sunsweet! All opinions are my own. We only share products we love and believe the Healthy Grocery Girl community would love to learn about too!