Fourth of July is almost here and I have an EASY, delicious and wow-factor fun treat to share! Try these red and blue WATERMELON WANDS!
Watermelon is a water-dense fruit so it’s great for hydrating during a hot summer. Blueberries are also packed with immune supporting antioxidants and fiber! My kids love these and I get major mom points for serving such a fun treat!
Easy, kid-friendly fourth of July recipePrint Recipe
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 6-8 oz fresh blueberries the larger the better
- 5 sticks/bamboo skewers
- Slice watermelon into rounds no thicker than your cookie cutter.
- Cut out stars with a star shaped cookie cutter.
- Add blueberries to the stick/skewers, leaving about an inch at the bottom and and 1-2 inches at the top.
- Add watermelon star to the top of each stick.
Safety Tip: While these are super cute, I prefer to slide the fruit off the skewer or stick into a bowl when it's time actually eat the fruit! Serve as wands for the cute festive look and slide fruit off into a bowl when ready to enjoy!
Need More 4th of July Inspired Recipes?
Fourth of July Fruit Flag
Red, White and Blue Yogurt Bark!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see! Tag me on Instagram @HealthyGroceryGirl