Lemon Cake Stars
4th of July is full of incredible time together with family and eating delicious food. Whether you grill out, get take out or make some of your favorite recipes, there is always room for amazing snacks and desserts! This Lemon Cake Stars recipe are the perfect treat for your festivities. This cake is gluten-free, dairy-free and made with simple ingredients that the whole family can enjoy!
Using the star cookie cutter with the kiddos is a fun activity to do together! Once the cakes are finished baking, everyone can top them with their favorite yogurt and berries! Add some lemon zest for some extra zing and enjoy! This recipe will look beautiful on your table and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Why We Love Berries
Berries are packed with antioxidants and phytochemicals, that help fight free radicals and protect your cells from damage. They may also lower inflammation, which can help reduce the risk of chronic disease. Berries are also high in fiber, vitamin C and hydrating! Vitamin C is important for immunity as well as being a vital process in healing from cuts and scrapes.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these star cakes, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Lemon Cake StarsPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Limoneira classic lemon juice
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- Zest from Limoneira lemon
- 1 cup non-dairy Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add, almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased baking dish. You will want to use a dish with the volume around 3 liters so that the cake is not too thick. (we used a 7x9 inch pan, which is 2.6 liters)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake has fully cooled, use star cookie cutters to make star shapes.
- Top each star with a dollop of yogurt, fresh berries and lemon zest.
If you love this recipe, see below for more delicious 4th of July recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
Quick, Healthy Summer Recipes
4th of July Food Ideas
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!